What is Collagen & What Are The Benefits of Taking Collagen?
Collagen is a vital bodily protein that that makes up the basic matrix of our connective tissues. Collagen is found in our skin, ligaments, cartilage, vertebral discs, joint linings, capillary walls, organs, bones and teeth. Aging, smoking, excessive sun exposure, high sugar diets and certain diseases can deplete our collagen production.
- Diminishes wrinkles & improves skin elasticity for a more youthful look
- Strengthens hair, nails, and teeth
- Reduces joint pain and increases bone health
- Repairs gut lining for improved digestion
- Boosts metabolism and the production of lean muscle mass
- Helps to get rid of stubborn cellulite
Why Is Perfect Collagen™ The Best Collagen?
Perfect Collagen™ contains 5 food sourced protein collagens (the most comprehensive blend available), including hydrolyzed bovine collagen peptides, bovine bone broth hydrolyzed protein, hydrolyzed fish collagen peptides, chicken bone broth collagen concentrate, eggshell membrane collagen, featuring a complete collagen matrix of types I, II, III, V and X.
How Does Perfect Collagen Stack Up Against The Competition?
Other collagen products only offer types I and III collagens, failing to provide collagen types II,V and X. These other collagen types are responsible for many other important body functions… Perfect Collagen uses all 5 types and from 5 food-based sources, representing the most comprehensive collagen available. In my opinion, it’s the best collagen product available at a great price. DR. DEVIN RYERSON
Here’s a closer look at some of the types of collagen and their role in your body:
- Type I: This type accounts for 90% of your body’s collagen and is made of densely packed fibers. It provides structure to skin, bones, tendons, fibrous cartilage, connective tissue and teeth.
- Type II: This type is made of more loosely packed fibers and is found in elastic cartilage, which cushions joints.
- Type III: This type supports the structure of muscles, organs and arteries.
- Type V: This type is beneficial mostly for hair, bone matrix, placenta, liver, lungs and muscle matrix.
- Type X: This type is beneficial mostly for new bone formation in articular cartilage
Who might benefit from taking Perfect Collagen™?
Athletes, those recovering from surgeries or illnesses, including digestive disorders, or anyone looking to help improve their skin’s appearance.
Here are some of the known benefits from using collagen:
As we age, we lose elasticity in our outer layer of skin, the epidermis. As this layer thins, we can see sagging and an increase of wrinkles. Some studies showed that supplementing with collagen helps to improve skin elasticity and moisture content.
Perfect Bone and Joint Health
By providing beneficial amino acids, collagen may improve bone and joint comfort and health over time.
Collagen coats the digestive tract thus improving digestion supporting healthy motility
How IS collagen Made?
Perfect Collagen™ provides a NON-GMO source of the 5 most vital types of collagen sourced from; Cage free chicken, wild caught fish, and grass fed and pasture raised bovine. This product is produced in a GMP certified facility here in the United States and is gluten free, easy to mix, and does not contain; milk, shellfish, tree nuts, wheat, peanuts or soy.
- Grass fed and pasture raised bovine collagen is a naturally occurring protein found in the skin, bones and muscles of cows, which provides Type I and Type III collagen. Type I and Type III often work together and make up the connective tissues of eyes, skin, muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, gum, teeth and blood vessels.
- Cage free chicken collagen offers collagen Type II also found in the cartilage and bones.
- Sustainable wild caught fish collagen provides a highly absorbable and bioavailable form of Type I collagen due to the smaller particle size making this form a very popular resource.
- Cage free chicken eggshell membrane collagen provides types I and V collagens which are found within the layers of eggshell membranes.
Amino Acid Profile For Perfect Collagen™
Here’s More About Collagen