What Is DopaPlus?
DopaPlus was developed by Pure Encapsulations in conjunction with Dr. James Greenblatt as part of The Integrative Mental Health Series, a line of products based on scientific findings as well as decades of clinical experience. DopaPlus provides neurotransmitter precursors to help balance dopamine function in the brain for emotional wellness and to enhance daily mental function and sharpness. Also critical to each formulation in this series is the inclusion of a vitamin B6, zinc and Metafolin® L-5-MTHF cofactor complex. These nutrients are often depleted in individuals due to medications, inadequate diets, and toxic environmental exposures, compromising the ability to properly synthesize neurotransmitters. When replete, these cofactors enhance neurotransmitter function and play a complementary role in supporting emotional wellness.*
- Promotes the production of dopamine to support daily cognitive function and mental tasks*
- Provides the dopamine precursors L-tyrosine and L-DOPA from Mucuna pruriens* – In a randomised, controlled, double blind crossover trial, Mucuna prurienssupplementation promoted peak L-DOPA plasma concentrations*
- Includes the synergistic cofactors vitamin B6, Metafolin® L-5MTHF, and zinc to support dopamine production; L-5MTHF is the form of folate that easily crosses the blood brain barrier*
- Enhances the stability of dopamine and supports healthy reuptake with rhodiola and green tea polyphenols*
- Encourages cognitive function and mental sharpness by supporting healthy theta wave activity in the brain with grape seed proanthocyanidins*
- Protects neuronal health and function with green tea and grape seed polyphenols*
- Supports optimal serum levels of zinc and folate to promote positive mood*- In a double-blind, randomized and placebo-controlled trial involving young women, zinc supplementation offered statistically significant support for positive mood*
What Is The Source?
Pyridoxal 5’ phosphate and folate (Metafolin®, L-5-MTHF) are synthetic. Magnesium and zinc are derived from the lime of rock. L-tyrosine is extracted from protein and extensively processed and purified in a semi-synthetic process. L-DOPA is derived from Mucuna pruriens seeds, the extract is standardized to contain 15% L-DOPA. Rhodiola extract is derived from Rhodiola rosea root and standardized to contain 3% total rosavins and min. 1% salidrosides. Grape seed extract is derived from Vitis vinifera and standardized to contain 92% polyphenols. Green tea extract is derived from Camellia sinensis leaf and standardized to contain 90% total tea catechins and 70% EGCG.
Usage & Recommendations
Pure Encapsulations recommends 3-6 capsules daily, in divided doses, between meals.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. In rare cases, L-tyrosine and/or green tea have been associated with headache, dizziness, insomnia, fatigue, joint pain or ataxia. Consult your physician for more information.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
These products are not intended to replace SSRI, MAOI or other psychiatric medications and should only be used under the supervision of a healthcare practitioner. Do not use concurrently with SSRI medications or MAO inhibitors. Tyrosine may alter the effects of thyroid medications. Green tea and grape seed extract may be contra-indicated with blood thinning medications. Green tea extract may also interfere with the absorption and effectiveness of a number of other medications, including certain heart, anti-diarrhea, cold and hay fever medications. Consult your physician for more information.
Recommended Video By Dr. Chad Larson