Serve this sweet and tart sauce to your sweetheart and other loved ones at your holiday meal. Try this over Lemony Herbed Cauliflower Roast and Pecan Sage Holiday Loaf.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Mark Reinfeld – The Doctor & The Chef
Recipe type: Side
• 10 ounces frozen cranberries or 3 cups fresh
• 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
• 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
• 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 cup diced crystallized ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
• ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or to taste, optional
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
1. Place cranberries in a small pot over medium high heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for an additional 15 minutes, stirring frequently. All of the cranberries should be broken apart. Add small amounts of additional water to create desired consistency. Serve warm or at room temperature.