Suggested Use: Pure Encapsulations recommends 1-2 Caplique® Capsules per day, with or between meals.
What Is It?
VESIsorb® Ubiquinol offers a unique self-assembling nano-colloid system to enhance Ubiquinol absorption. Ubiquinol is the active antioxidant form of CoQ10. It has an additional two hydrogen atoms and compromises the majority of the ubiquinone/ ubiquinol pool in the plasma of healthy young subjects. In the body, the enzymatic conversion of ubiquinone to ubiquinol in the mitochondria is a key step in the electron transport chain and the manufacture of ATP.*
Enhanced Absorption Patented VESIsorb® Delivery System
• Developed by Vesifact, a Switzerland-based company dedicated to innovative technology and research
• Patented, lipid-based delivery system increases bio availability of a bioactive that is fat soluble or that has poor water solubility
• Self-assembling colloidal system forms evenly dispersed fluid droplets upon contact with water in the GI tract, each with a mean diameter of less than 100 nanometers and with the bioactive at its core
• These nanosize water-soluble droplets or micelles allow the bioactive to cross the water layer of the GI tract for absorption
• Provides extended release of the bioactive over time VESIsorb® Ubiquinol
• A pharmacokinetic, cross over pilot study (single oral dose) in humans compared a typical Ubiquinol preparation to Ubiquinol in the VESIsorb® delivery system and demonstrated a 696% increase in peak blood levels and a 485% increase in relative bioavailability*
• The VESIsorb® delivery system enhanced CoQ10 bioavailability by 622% compared to oil-based CoQ10 and 499% compared to solubilized CoQ10 in a double blind study*
• A clinical study of CoQ10 with the VESIsorb® delivery system indicates a peak absorption of 16.97% compared to reported peak absorption of CoQ10 powder, oil dispersions and lipid solutions at 2.15%, 3.34% and 5.44% respectively*
Uses for VESIsorb® Ubiquinol
General Support: Ubiquinol makes up over 90% of the CoQ10 found in the plasma of healthy young individuals, typically up to the age of about 40-45 years. This makes ubiquinol especially important for older individuals, individuals who may be experiencing greater levels of oxidative or physical stress, or individuals who appear not to respond to regular CoQ10 supplementation (possibly due to poor conversion of CoQ10 to ubiquinol in the body). Research suggests that it may be more readily absorbed than the ubiquinone form. The safety and bioavailability of ubiquinol were evaluated after single oral dose and 4-week multiple dose studies. Significant gastrointestinal absorption was observed and no clinically significant adverse effects were noted.*
Cardiovascular Support: In a preliminary case report involving an open clinical evaluation using ubiquinol, a U.S. cardiologist reports that plasma CoQ10 levels doubled for one 52 year-old woman after supplementation with 300 mg ubiquinol in divided doses for one month. It was also noted that ubiquinol supported a healthy ratio of CoQ10 to lipids. In a separate case, a 65 year-old male not responding to CoQ10 supplementation experienced a 4-fold increase in plasma CoQ10 after supplementation with the same dose of ubiquinol. In addition, ubiquinol supported healthy ejection fraction and mitral valve function while supporting overall physical activity and quality of life.*
What Is The Source?
CoQ10 is produced by microbial (yeast) fermentation. There is no residual yeast in the final product.
Pure Encapsulations recommends 1-2 Caplique® Capsules per day, with or between meals.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product. Rarely, CoQ10 may cause mild gastrointestinal upset, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation. Consult your physician for more information.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
CoQ10 may be contra-indicated for individuals taking blood thinning medication. Consult your physician for more information.
Caplique® Capsule is a registered trademark used by Pure Encapsulations under license. is a registered trademark of Source One Global Partners. is a registered trademark of Kaneka corporation.