Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules with a meal, once or twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Color of this product may vary due to color variations of the natural ingredients. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.
A dietary supplement to support proper prostate function.* One man in every two over the age of 50 may experience prostate dysfunction that can lead to such symptoms as frequent urination, urinary urgency, low or difficult flow and repeated nighttime trips to the bathroom. Prostate Health™ contains 14 well researched ingredients including EGCG, lycopene, saw palmetto, and resveratrol, which support the healthy function of the prostate gland.*
One of the fastest growing concerns for men today is maintaining prostate health. Prostate enlargement, known as Benign Prostate Hypertrophy (BPH), affects most men over age 60.
Present research for prostate health is focused on the reduction of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a potent form of testosterone and estro- gen, which is a hormone that inhibits DHT removal from the prostate. Hormone Balance and DHT :
• Beta Sitosterol is a phytosterol that may help inhibit the action of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase.* A decrease in the action of 5-alpha reductase may reduce the production of DHT.*
• Green Tea seems to be able to influence serum concentrations of hormones by promoting higher levels of sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), which bind to testosterone to prevent testoster- one from converting into DHT.*
• Zinc is found in the prostate gland, which has the highest con- centration of zinc in the body, and requires 10 times more zinc than any other organ. Zinc supplementation also may help inhibit 5-alpha reductase.*
• Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate (P5P) is the active form of Vitamin B6 and aids in the utilization of zinc.*
Prostate Function Support:
• Saw Palmetto berry extract, Pumpkin Seed and Lycopene contain phytonutrients that have been found to support proper prostate function.* Pumpkin Seed has been used for over 100 years due to its abundance of fatty acids, phytosterols, and its cleansing action.* Free fatty acids and sterols in Saw Palmetto help main- tain proper prostate function by inhibiting the enzyme 5-alpha reductase and the binding of DHT to cellular binding sites to prevent prostate cell proliferation.* Lycopene is a cell protective substance that is most abundant in prostate tissue.*
• Stinging Nettle promotes the proper functioning and structural integrity of the prostate gland by helping inhibit the enzyme which the body uses to convert testosterone into estrogen.*
• Pygeum is a phytonutrient that supports proper functioning and structural integrity of the prostate gland.* It blocks certain en- zyme activity.*
• Resveratrol, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C and Vitamin E protect against free radical damage, which can contribute to prostate dysfunction.* They also support immune system function, and support the structural integrity of small capillaries and veins.*