Suggested Use: 1-3 capsules per day, with meals.
What Is It?
Metabolic Xtra offers a powerful combination of nutrients to support healthy insulin receptor function and signaling, and glucose metabolism.*
• Enhances the expression and function of insulin receptors with the natural plant alkaloid berberine*
– In a randomized placebo-controlled trial involving 116 subjects, berberine provided statistically significant support for glucose, lipid, and triglyceride metabolism*
• Promotes healthy AMPK and SIRT1 expression to support cellular metabolism and glucose homeostasis with resveratrol*
– In a recent randomized double-blind, placebo- controlled 4-week study, resveratrol supported healthy insulin signaling and antioxidant defenses*
• Modulates cell signaling for healthy insulin function with patent-pending Zychrome™ chromium dinicocysteinate†*
– Clinically studied to be twice as effective as chromium picolinate for maintaining healthy insulin function*
– In a randomized placebo-controlled trial, Zychrome™ supported healthy glucose metabolism and offered statistically significant support for antioxidant defenses and inflammatory balance, as measured by TNFα*
• Supports healthy receptor function and glucose metabolism with alpha lipoic acid*
What Is The Source?
Berberine HCl is derived from Phellodendron amurense bark and Sargent’s barberry (Berberis sargentiana). Alpha lipoic acid (thioctic acid), chromium dinicocysteinate and resveratrol are synthetic. Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil.
Pure Encapsulations recommends 1-3 capsules per day, with meals.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Berberine has had reports of headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal bloating, hypotension and slowed heart rate in the literature. It is recommended to use resveratrol cautiously in patients with hormonal disorders and those using estrogen therapy, as resveratrol may act as either an estrogen agonist or estrogen antagonist. In rare cases, alpha lipoic acid has caused gastrointestinal upset or skin rash. Consult your physician for more information.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
Individuals taking this product with anti-hyperglycemic medications may require blood glucose monitoring. Berberine may be contra-indicated with blood pressure medications. Resveratrol may be contraindicated with blood thinning medications. Consult your physician for more information.