Suggested DHEA Use:
1 capsule per day, with a meal.Warning: Consult your physician before taking this product. May cause drug interactions or other serious complications.
DHEA 25 MG
What Is DHEA?
DHEA, dehydroepiandrosterone, is the most abundant adrenal steroid hormone in the body. After it is made by the adrenal glands, it travels into cells throughout the body where it is converted into androgens, estrogens and other hormones. These hormones regulate fat and mineral metabolism, endocrine and reproductive function, and energy levels. The amount of each hormone that DHEA converts to depends on an individual’s biochemistry, age, and sex. DHEA levels peak around age 25 and then decline steadily.*
Uses For DHEA
Immune Function: DHEA supplementation has been shown to support healthy immune cell activity and immune system function in several trials.*
Emotional Well-Being: Several studies suggest that DHEA can enhance an overall sense of well-being. In one randomized placebo-controlled cross-over trial, DHEA supplementation for 6 months supported healthy physical and psychological outlook in men and women between the ages of 40-70 years.*
Lean Body Mass: Some studies involving men and postmenopausal women suggest that DHEA administration may support a healthy ratio of lean muscle to fat mass.*
Sexual Function Support: In a 6-month prospective, double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study, DHEA supplementation supported healthy male sexual function.*
What Is The Source?
The compound diosgenin is extracted from wild yam and undergoes a proprietary synthetic process to develop DHEA. The human body cannot metabolize wild yam into DHEA. This process can only take place in a laboratory. Pure Encapsulations DHEA is micronized to increase absorption. It is made with 99.38% pure, pharmaceutical grade DHEA. Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil. Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose.
Recommendations and how to use DHEA
• Pure Encapsulations recommends 5-25 mg per day, in divided doses, with meals, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
• DHEA should only be used under the direction and supervision of a health care practitioner.
• Practitioners are advised to test DHEA levels before making the decision to commence supplementation, and to monitor levels if supplementation is initiated, ensuring that proper levels are maintained.
• This product should not be taken by individuals with healthy levels of DHEA.
• DHEA is best utilized by individuals above 40 years of age, and should not be used to enhance athletic ability or endurance.
Are There Any Precautions Or Potential Side Effects?
• NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS.
• DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING.
• KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
• Consult a physician or licensed qualified healthcare professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low “good” cholesterol (HDL), or if you are using any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug.
• Individuals with hypertension should avoid this product.
• Do not exceed the recommended serving. Exceeding the recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects.
• Possible side effects include acne, hair loss, hair growth on the face (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen.
• Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed qualified health care professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or other similar symptoms.
• To report any adverse event call 1–800–332–1088.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
Because calcium channel blockers may increase DHEA levels in some individuals, concurrent DHEA supplementation is not recommended unless closely monitored by a healthcare professional.