What Is Athletic Nutrients?
Athletic Nutrients by Pure Encapsulations is the premier athletic vitamin for the serious athlete. Formulated for superior results, including increasing stamina, lessening recovery efforts, while providing athletic support for training and performance. Trying to decide which vitamin is right for you? Call us, our vitamin experts are happy to help.
Athletic Nutrients is designed to support physical training and performance. It is a complete hypo-allergenic, nutrient rich, highly bioavailable multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and trace element supplement. The formula combines superior mineral cofactors, activated vitamins, antioxidants and pH balanced creatine to target endurance, energy and lesson muscle fatigue.*
- High potency, hypo-allergenic, vegetarian formula
- Activated vitamins and superior mineral chelates for optimal absorption*
- Potassium phosphate combined with calcium and magnesium for healthy muscle function*
- Copper, manganese, selenium and zinc for healthy tendons, ligaments and joints*
Athletic Nutrients Special Features:
- Kre-Alkalyn® pH balanced creatine has an enhanced stability profile allowing lower optimal dosing. Research involving endurance athletes and professional athletes indicates that it enhances ATP production and performance in working muscle, as well as lessens muscle soreness due to lactic acid.*
- CoQ10 is a component of the mitochondria and plays a key role in the synthesis of ATP. In a double blind crossover study involving Finnish top-level cross-country skiers, CoQ10 supported physical performance.*
- Krebs cycle intermediate alpha ketoglutarate acts as a key substrate for energy production, helping maximize fat and carbohydrate utilization. Studies have revealed that alpha ketoglutarate may also help muscle protein synthesis and recovery.*
- Lessens muscle soreness and fatigue with n-acetyl-lcysteine (NAC), alpha lipoic acid and l-carnosine. In a placebo-controlled high intensity exercise study, NAC promoted a healthy inflammatory balance and lessened muscle soreness.*
- Protects muscles from oxidative stress with PowerGrape®, green tea and polyphenols from mangosteen, açai, noni, pomegranate and quebracho extract.*
- PowerGrape® promoted plasma antioxidant capacity during competition and supported performance in a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled crossover trial involving athletes. In another study involving 11 sportsmen, PowerGrape® promoted endogenous vitamin C, ubiquinone and reduced glutathione levels.*
Pure Encapsulations recommends 2 capsules, twice daily, with meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
Rarely, some ingredients have been associated with mild gastrointestinal upset, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation. Green tea or alpha lipoic acid can cause headache in sensitive individuals. Creatine can cause muscle cramping. Creatine supplementation may be contra-indicated for individuals with kidney disease. One case report of creatine supplementation has been related to each of the following: atrial fibrillation, dermatitis and acute interstitial nephritis. Consult your physician for more information. Take with food. If you have liver problems, consult your health care practitioner before use. Vitamin K may be contraindicated with Coumadin (Warfarin). If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, particularly blood thinning medication, consult your health professional before use.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
CoQ10, green tea and grape extract may be contra-indicated with blood thinning medications. n-Acetyl-l-cysteine is contra-indicated with nitroglycerin. Individuals taking anti-diabetes medications with alpha lipoic acid may need to have their blood glucose levels monitored. Consult your physician for more information.