Suggested Use: 2 capsules, twice daily, with meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Athletic Nutrients is designed to support physical training and performance. It is a complete hypo-allergenic, nutrient rich, highly bioavailable multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and trace element supplement. The formula combines superior mineral cofactors, activated vitamins, antioxidants and pH balanced creatine to target endurance, energy and lesson muscle fatigue.*
- Support for athletic training and physical performance
- Vitamin/Mineral Distinctions:
- High potency, hypo-allergenic, vegetarian formula
- Activated vitamins and superior mineral chelates for optimal absorption*
- Potassium phosphate combined with calcium and magnesium for healthy muscle function*
- Copper, manganese, selenium and zinc for healthy tendons, ligaments and joints*
- EnergizeATP Factors
- Kre-Alkalyn® pH balanced creatine has an enhanced stability profile allowing lower optimal dosing. Research involving endurance athletes and professional athletes indicates that it enhances ATP production and performance in working muscle, as well as lessens muscle soreness due to lactic acid.*
- CoQ10 is a component of the mitochondria and plays a key role in the synthesis of ATP. In a double blind crossover study involving Finnish top-level cross-country skiers, CoQ10 supported physical performance.*
- Krebs cycle intermediate alpha ketoglutarate acts as a key substrate for energy production, helping maximize fat and carbohydrate utilization. Studies have revealed that alpha ketoglutarate may also help muscle protein synthesis and recovery.*
- MuscleRestore Complex
- Lessens muscle soreness and fatigue with n-acetyl-lcysteine (NAC), alpha lipoic acid and l-carnosine. In a placebo-controlled high intensity exercise study, NAC promoted a healthy inflammatory balance and lessened muscle soreness.*
- PowerProtect Antioxidants •
- Protects muscles from oxidative stress with PowerGrape®, green tea and polyphenols from mangosteen, açai, noni, pomegranate and quebracho extract.*
- PowerGrape® promoted plasma antioxidant capacity during competition and supported performance in a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled crossover trial involving athletes. In another study involving 11 sportsmen, PowerGrape® promoted endogenous vitamin C, ubiquinone and reduced glutathione levels.*
What Is The Source?
The nutrients found in Athletic Nutrients are derived from the following:Mixed carotenoids: Blakeslea trispora Lycopene: natural tomato concentrate Lutein††: marigold flower extract Zeaxanthin†: synthetic Vitamin C: corn dextrose fermentation Vitamin D3: cholesterol from wool fat (lanolin) Vitamin E: soybean oil Vitamin K1: synthetic Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCl): synthetic Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): corn dextrose fermentation Niacinamide and Niacin: synthetic Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate): synthetic Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal HCl): synthetic Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin): corn dextrose fermentation Folic acid: synthetic Biotin: synthetic Minerals: naturally derived from limestone Sources of the mineral chelates include: Citrate: corn dextrose fermentation Glycinate: synthetic Kre-Alkalyn®††† (pH balanced creatine) is synthetic. Natural coenzyme Q10 is derived from fermentation. Alpha ketoglutarate, n-acetyl-l-cysteine, alpha lipoic acid and l-carnosine are synthetic. PowerGrape®†††† extract is derived from Vitis vinifera whole fruit and standardized to contain 85% total polyphenols. Superfruit antioxidant blend is from mangosteen, açai, noni, pomegranate and quebracho extracts. Decaffeinated green tea extract is derived from Camellia sinensis leaf and standardized to contain 70% epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). There is no detectable GMO material in this product. ††††PowerGrape® is a registered trademark of the “Actifs Innovants” division of Naturex. †††Kre-Alkalyn® is a registered trademark of Bioceutical Research and Development Laboratory (BR&D). Kre-Alkalyn® is a US-patented product (US Patent 6,399,661). †† is a registered trademark of Kemin Industries, Inc. †Zeaxanthin is sourced from OPTISHARP™ brand. OPTISHARP™ is a trademark of DSM Nutritional Products, Inc.
Pure Encapsulations recommends 2 capsules, twice daily, with meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
Rarely, some ingredients have been associated with mild gastrointestinal upset, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation. Green tea or alpha lipoic acid can cause headache in sensitive individuals. Creatine can cause muscle cramping. Creatine supplementation may be contra-indicated for individuals with kidney disease. One case report of creatine supplementation has been related to each of the following: atrial fibrillation, dermatitis and acute interstitial nephritis. Consult your physician for more information.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
CoQ10, green tea and grape extract may be contra-indicated with blood thinning medications. n-Acetyl-l-cysteine is contra-indicated with nitroglycerin. Individuals taking anti-diabetes medications with alpha lipoic acid may need to have their blood glucose levels monitored. Consult your physician for more information.