Suggested Use: 5-7 capsules per day, in divided doses, on an empty stomach or at least 30 minutes before a meal, with 8-12 oz water.
What Is It?
Colostrum is a highly-concentrated source of powerful immune and growth factors produced from mammary glands shortly after giving birth. Pure Encapsulations Colostrum is derived from BSE-, hormone-, pesticide- and antibiotic-free herds. As a nutritional supplement, this pure, rich source of bovine colostrum provides exceptional, synergistic support.*
- Immunoglobins, lactoferrin, proline-rich polypeptide, lymphokines, interferons and interleukins for immune support.*
- Growth Factors including Insulin Growth Factors (IGF-1 and IGF-2) and Transforming Growth Factors (TGF-A and TGF-B).*
- Oligosaccharides and lysozyme for intestinal support.*
- Processed to remove the fat content and to preserve nutritional activity of the proteins.*
- Standardized to contain 40% IgG.* Uses For Colostrum 40% IgG Immune Support: Immunoglobins, the most abundant types of immune factors in colostrum, are large protein molecules that include Immunoglobins G (IgG), A (IgA), E (IgE), D (IgD), and M (IgM). Each has a specific role in natural defense, including activation of various immune cells. IgG is found in the highest concentration and helps to neutralize toxins. Lactoferrin is a versatile, iron-binding protein that enhances the body’s ability to utilize iron and also stimulates immune system cells. Proline-Rich Polypeptide (PRP) is a hormone produced by the thymus gland to help balance and activate the immune response. Lymphokines, interferons, and interleukins are proteins that activate the functions of various immune cells.Growth Factors include Insulin Growth Factors (IGF-1 and IGF-2) and Transforming Growth Factors (TGF-A and TGF-B). These growth factors, identical in composition to human growth factors, have demonstrated the ability to enhance immune cell function.*Intestinal Support: Oligosaccharides and lysozyme help maintain a healthy intestinal membrane and promote the growth of friendly bacteria. Studies show that other components of colostrum, including lactoferrin, also promote intestinal function.*
Healthy Body Composition: Growth factors found in colostrum promote glucose and fat metabolism for fuel, support protein synthesis, and help maintain lean muscle. This supports healthy body composition and has demonstrated the ability to support speed and strength training and to nutritionally support healthy connective and nerve tissues in the body.*
What Is The Source?
Pure Encapsulations Colostrum 40% IgG, derived from USDA and FDA certified dairy farms in the U.S., is defatted and processed at low heat to preserve nutritional activity.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
At this time, there are no known side effects or precautions. If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
At this time, there are no known adverse reactions when taken in conjunction with medications.