Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil has a scent that’s a wonderful blend of fresh, floral, clean, and calm. It’s this dynamic aroma that has made the flower a classic for perfumes, soaps, fresheners, and beauty products. As one of our most popular products, Lavender is a great beginner oil and a must for every home.
Lavender essential oil isn’t just a favorite because of its classic scent – it’s also highly versatile. From skin care products to relaxing routines, this oil can infuse and enhance many areas of your life.
Lavender essential oil
Looking For More Young Living Oils?
Find All Young Living Products We Carry, Here.
Lavender essential oil has a floral, calming scent that can be used aromatically or topically. With its many benefits, Lavender is one of our most popular products.
Did you know that lavender is part of the mint family and is one of our most popular oils? Young Living has three farms that grow lavender, located in Utah, Idaho, and France.
Lavender is steam distilled from the flowering tops of the plant, and it takes 27 square feet of lavender plants to make one 15-ml bottle of Lavender essential oil.
In ancient Greece, Pedanius Dioscorides, a physician pharmacologist and botanist, praised the many qualities and uses of lavender. You can find Lavender essential oil in many Young Living blends, including Stress Away™, Tranquil™, RutaVaLa™, Forgiveness™, and Harmony™.
Benefits & Features
- Promotes feelings of calm and fights occasional nervous tension
- Has balancing properties that calm the mind and body
- Cleanses and soothes minor skin irritations
- Can be soothing to the skin after a day in the sun
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes
- Supports aging skin
- Includes the naturally occurring constituents linalyl acetate, linalool, and ocimene
- Add a few drops to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products for a classic aroma and more youthful complexion.
- Add 4 drops of Lavender and 1 cup of Epsom salt to a bath to create a relaxing environment.
- Unwind in the evening with a calming, Lavender infused neck or back massage.
- Use Lavender as part of a bedtime routine by rubbing it on the bottoms of your feet or diffusing it next to your bed.
- Add it to V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and apply it topically to soothe the skin after a day in the sun.
Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed. Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) oil
100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
Q. Can Lavender oil be ingested?
A. Lavender is labeled for topical and aromatic use and is not intended for internal consumption. Be sure to always follow individual label instructions for Young Living products. If you are interested in a Lavender essential oil that you can ingest, be sure to check out Lavender Vitality™ essential oil.
Q. Does Lavender need to be diluted for topical application?
A: Dilution is not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Q. Is there a UV warning associated with Lavender oil?
A. No, Lavender is not known to cause photosensitive reactions.